Oh, Spring, you made it! April has been a blast as the flowers bloomed and the sun spread its warmth to us. Between the cherry blossoms, styled wedding shoot, headshot session, and generally swooning over my clients, it's been an incredible month.
My annual favorites, as you may have picked up on, are the cherry blossoms here in Washington, DC. The weather and cherry trees were kind to us, and the blooms lasted over a week at the Tidal Basin! I had seven mini sessions early one morning with absolutely incredible clients.
Not only did they all arrive early in the morning totally ready to get started, they did so while maneuvering their way through the road closures and runners of the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler and 5-Miler race. It was the only date we could work and they didn't let it phase them. Seriously, you all rock so much! Not in my typical session plan but they rolled with it!
It was a whirlwind, beautiful day for a race and for photographs, and both weekends of cherry blossoms I stole a little time for myself. One can never have too many photos of the cherry blossoms. Right?
Next up were headshots over in Georgetown, with calmer crowds and perfect touch of cloud cover for lighting. I had a great time capturing these and discovering a new go-to location. So much variety within 1 block!
Styled Wedding Shoot
Wow. This opportunity was incredible. Several photographers spent the day together practicing, posing, and supporting one another with a "Styled Shoot." These are low-stress chances for us to gain experience and portfolios without the timeline pressures of a real wedding. And this one was a dream!
There's a phrase many of us use: community over competition. And this shoot in Annapolis was just that. Everyone was kind and considerate, making sure each of us got the shots we wanted before moving on, getting out of each other's way when we noticed we were in a frame, and of course: laughing and eating pizza during a break.
And like a literal cherry on top: this one of the beautiful couple as the cake topper!
Thank you to the incredible vendors who made the styled shoot possible!
- Host | Touch of Styled Shoots + Workshops
- Host | Styling | Planning | Photography: Elizabeth + McAndrew; L’etoile de Paris Styling & Events, LLC
- Florals | Coordination: Love Clark Events
- Cake: Stephanie Squires, All in the Mix Bakeshop
- Rentals: L’etoile de Paris Styling & Events, LLC; Love Clark Events
- Gown: Mary’s Designer Bridal Boutique
- Bridesmaid Dresses: My Sweet Boutique
- Hair | Makeup: Alison Harper Company
- Bride + Groom: Kelley Smith Timpa, IG @stylesmiths
- Bridesmaids: IG @gingerpixie21, IG @bikaaachuu
- Jewelry: Sparkle La Vie
- Hair Piece: Epanoui Grace